Fiber-Rich Buckwheat Chicken Salad
High fiber links to weight loss and lower bodyweight, making buckwheat a functional and tasty addition to meal plans.
Makes: 4 servings
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 whole rotisserie cooked chicken breast, shredded (about 8 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook buckwheat according to package directions; set aside in large bowl to cool slightly.
- While buckwheat cooks, combine chicken, red pepper, broccoli and all remaining ingredients in large bowl and mix until well-combined; stir in buckwheat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): calories 258, total fat 5 g, saturated fat 1 g, trans fat 0 g, sodium 50 mg, carbs 35 g, fiber 5 g, sugar 2 g, protein 19 g, 1.8 iron mg
- Buckwheat can increase good gut bacteria and decrease bad bacteria.
- High fiber links to weight loss and lower bodyweight, making buckwheat a functional and tasty addition to meal plans.
- Red bell peppers are high in vitamin K, essential for bone health.
Powered by WPeMatico