Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly link roundup.
This week exercise actually can help you lose weight, CA bans soda taxes, and pollution causes diabetes.
Next week’s Mindful Meal Challenge will start again on Monday. Sign up now to join us!
Too busy to read them all? Try this awesome free speed reading app to read at 300+ wpm. So neat!
Links of the week
- The Science on Weight and Health – Excellent summary of the science related to health and body weight. If you’re new to this subject or aren’t familiar with the science behind health recommendations, this is a wonderful place to start. (Self)
- California, of All Places, Has Banned Soda Taxes. How a New Industry Strategy Is Succeeding. – The strategy? Extortion. This is disgraceful. (NY Times)
- A Frightening New Reason to Worry About Air Pollution – The numbers here are astounding. Just wow. (The Atlantic)
- Exercise May Aid in Weight Loss. Provided You Do Enough. – Very interesting. It may be that you only compensate by eating more in response to exercise up to a point. The rest of the calories might be gone for good. (NY Times)
- We’ll All Be Paying for Scott Pruitt for Ages – I was thrilled to learn of Pruitt’s resignation this week, but his replacement doesn’t seem much more promising and we will all continue to suffer for it. It’s so depressing. (NY Times)
- Fish Fraud is Real. What Should We Eat? – This question is not getting any easier to answer. (Civil Eats)
- The Best Chef’s Knives – Great list. (Serious Eats)
- grilled zucchini ribbons with pesto and white beans – Perfect summer food. (smitten kitchen)
What inspired you this week?
Powered by WPeMatico