Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly link roundup.
This week it’s time to stop fat shaming, natural beauty product makers want more regulation, and how much strength training is necessary.
Next week’s Mindful Meal Challenge will start again on Monday. Sign up now to join us!
Too busy to read them all? Try this awesome free speed reading app to read at 300+ wpm. So neat!
I also share links on Twitter @summertomato and the Summer Tomato Facebook page. I’m very active on all these sites and would love to connect with you.
Links of the week
- Everything You Know About Obesity Is Wrong – “Fat activism isn’t about making people feel better about themselves. It’s about not being denied your civil rights and not dying because a doctor misdiagnoses you.” Important read. (Huffington Post)
- The “natural” beauty industry is on the rise because we’re scared of chemicals – Excellent overview of the chemicals in your beauty products, what that means for you, and what the industry is doing to address your concerns. (Vox)
- Here’s How Cornell Scientist Brian Wansink Turned Shoddy Data Into Viral Studies About How We Eat – This is just so disappointing. Wansink just had 6 more papers retracted. (Buzzfeed)
- Every Physician Ought To Know Which Common Medications Cause The Most Weight Gain – You should too. (Weighty Matters)
- The Future of Chicken, Without Antibiotics – Most industrial poultry farms have vowed to phase out antibiotics. Here’s how they’re trying to do it. (The Atlantic)
- You’ve been told how many minutes of aerobic exercise to do weekly. What about strength training? – Cool. (Washington Post)
- There’s No Realistically Prescribable Amount Of Exercise That Will By Itself Lead To Useful Weight Loss, But That Doesn’t Mean You Shouldn’t Exercise! – And speaking of exercise, it’s essential. But weight loss shouldn’t be your goal. (Weighty Matters)
- Why Relationships Are the Secret to Healthy Aging – This can’t be emphasized enough. Your relationships are just as important as your other lifestyle habits for longevity. (Greater Good Magazine)
- Eggplant Cannelloni – Great use of the last of the summer eggplant. (Foraged Dish)
What inspired you this week?
Powered by WPeMatico